Saturday, July 9, 2016

I am worried about the Tomato.  It doesn't look all that healthy.  I think it might just be suffering from the heat wave and lack of water and all that.  It does have some good sized tomatoes on it I guess, but they are still very green and hard.  I looked up the days to maturity, and it's like 11 weeks.  We are at 8 weeks now, so it makes sense, I have 3 more weeks before I should expect a good tomato.  That's a little disappointing, I'm not going to get tomatoes until August?  Well, I can do math, I knew that, and I decided it would be worth the wait.  I'm starting to get some yield of Sun Golds, so that's cool.  Their Days to Maturity would suggest they need another week.

The Habenero is starting to put on some more mass, and lots of flowers, so maybe I'll get a nice yield.  And then I should make some nice Habenero hot sauce and I think I found a good recipe.

PEPPER JOE'S ISLAND HOT SAUCE (A 10 ON THE PEPPER JOE HEAT SCALE)

  • 12 habanero peppers
  • 2 carrots
  • 1 large onion
  • 6 cloves of garlic
  • 1/2 TB salt
  • 1/4 TB white pepper
  • 1 lime
  • 8 TB white vinegar
Cut habanero peppers in half and remove seeds. Drop in boiling water for 30 seconds to blanche.(handle with care) Remove peppers and put onion, carrots and garlic cloves into boiling water and cook until tender. Squeeze juice from lime and combine all ingredients and put in blender. First chop, then blend at high speed. done!
Just put in wide-mouth jar and store in fridge. Spoon out this hot sauce as needed. Delicious on cheesesteaks, hamburgers, pizza, or added to soups, chili, tomato sauce. Also can scrub garage floors.

The "Garden Salsa" peppers are going nuts. I would really like them to ripen up and turn red, but they are slow to do that, and they are so long that they are hitting the soil.










No comments:

Post a Comment